Thursday, November 7, 2019

Welcome to Term Four

We think it's time for an update!  So much has happened already this term and it's already week 4!  The last term of the year is flying by!

In Te Whare Waipaoa, we have had a new teacher start with us.  His name is Matua Raniera.  We have had a change in our Manaiakalani Facilitator too - Kōka Amie is coming to work with us now.  Last time she was here, we were creating our Digital Maps, that we used our History to make.  We were learning about what a positive digital footprint looks like.  See what types of sites we've been using in our learning by looking at our maps on our individual blogs.

Some other things that have happened this term are:
Our trip to Eastwood Hill - it was amazing! 
Our Athletics Day, which we had today! It is so hot here in Gisborne.
Our weather temperature is taken out at our local airport which cooler than what it actually is at our kura.  It felt much hotter here. Now we are all inside with the aircon on, cooling down!  We all enjoyed different parts of athletics.  Some of us liked the high jump, some of us enjoyed the long jump, and some of us loved the tennis throw or the sprints!

We have also been to Swim for Life at the Enterprise Pools.  We learned how to float for three minutes... it was important to learn how to keep balanced.

We also had a Halloween Disco!  Some of us dressed up!  Some of the things we dressed up as were: a devil, a jester, a vampire and lots of other scary things! 

Another thing  some of us have been doing is going to touch at Barry Park on a Monday afternoon.   We played Awapuni.

Check out how much we have already packed into this term!  We look forward to sharing more of our adventures with you soon!


27 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Koutou it is great to hear about this term. i heard that it is hot out in Gisborne. Today in Gisborne it is 21 degrees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I agree with you Moana, it is surprisingly hot in gisborne
      So, WEAR SUNBLOCK.

      Delete
  3. Kia ora Koutou it is great to hear about this term. i heard that it is hot out in Gisborne. Today in Gisborne it is 21 degrees.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia ora Te Whare Waipaoa. sounds like you had fun this term and it would have been exciting. On wednesday we have our reo assessment and will be standing up to say our pepeha. we are still learning about who we are and where we are from. Ka Kite Anoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kia ora Te Whare Waipaoa how have you been? What have you been up to lately? we have been practicing our mihi cause we are standing on thursday and saying the school pepeha do you guys have anything exciting going on that's all i would like to know. Ka kite ano.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kia ora e te whaanau...
    Ko Armani tooku ingoa.
    Hope you have a awesome week doing mahi with your akomanga.
    I love how you want more changing with this team.
    I also love your guys other mahi that you have on this blogger page.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kia ora e te Whanau, congrats for the last term of the year and be safe wear sunblock because tamanuiteraa is out there burning Tane Mahuta and don't let Ruaumoko get to you and congrats for the last term of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kia ora e te whaanau!! Ko Azaleigha tooku ingoa!! I was wondering how you where going? When I was scrolling through your amazing mahi, I liked how you guys were learning your own culture/language.

    Questions:
    I was wondering if you guys have any plans for Kirihimete and the kura hararei?

    Who will you be spending Kirihimete with?

    Where will you be spending Kirihimete? (If you are going away or staying home)

    What will you be having for kai?

    I hope you have a wonderful Kirihimete!!
    Can't wait to see you guys soon!!
    Ka kite ano e te whaanau!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kia ora e te whanau...
    Ko Waiari tōku igoa.
    I hope to see you one day in my lifetime.
    I would like to ask you some patai.

    How old are you?

    Do you love school?

    Do you think you could be a superhero?

    Do you know what Tukutuku panels are?

    Nga mihi and hope to hear from you soon.
    Ka rangitaki ano!!👍👍

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kia ora!!! Kei te pehea koutou? Just wondering what you are doing and what you did for Guy Fawkes. I'll tell you what I did for my Guy Fawkes. My family and my West side family came over and did Guy Fawkes. But now we have a lot of fireworks that have been used.


    Patai 1: What did you do for guy fawkes?

    Patai 2: Who did you do Guy Fawkes with?

    Patai 3: Where did you do Guy Fawkes?

    Patai 4: Do you even do Guy Fawkes?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kia ora Koutou!!
    Kei te pehea koe?
    Ko Azaleigha tooku ingoa, I will like to know how you wrote what you did in
    this term . I hope you guys had fun in this term because when I was reading some of the korero It sounded amazing!!!!!

    Patai:

    What did you do in the weekends?
    How was it?
    How did you feel on that day?
    Why did you do that? (if you did something)

    Ka kite ano e te whānau!!!!
    I hope I hear from you guys soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kia ora e te whānau...
    Ko Waiari tōku ingoa.
    I hope to see you one day in my lifetime.
    I would like to ask you some patai.

    Patai 1: Who is your favorite kaiako/pouako?

    Patai 2: What do you do in your spare time? (if you do anything)

    Patai 3: How is your reo in te reo Māori?

    Patai 4: Where would you wanna travel in the world? (Cause I would travel to Samoa)

    Last patai: Did you do Guy Fawkes?


    I hope I hear from you guys soon!!

    Nga mihi Whānau!! Ka rangitaki ahau ano!!👍👍

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kia ora Te Whare Waipaoa how have you been lately we have been learning about our pepeha and the our schools pepeha I have remembered it of by heart cause we will need to know it on stage cause we are going to be doing it infront of the whole school. Some things i would like to know is.

    How have you been lately?
    What did you do on guy folks?
    Do you guys have anything exciting going on ? [We do the kapa haka is going Kotuku competition] Well that's all i would like to know for today ka kite ano

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kia ora Te Whare Waipaoa!!! Kei te pehea koutou? Do you want to know what I did yesterday.... I went to Panmure wharf (a place in Auckland) with my mate called Leon. When we got to the wharf we saw five girls that were the same class as me and Leon except for one of them she was called Awhina, and the other four were called Armani, Moana, Sumuree and Savannah and i was freezing once i got out of the water i was shaking. When me and Leon left we went to his house and played games on his chromebook. Then i left.


    Patai 1: Did you do anything like what i did?

    Patai 2: What did you do yesterday

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kia ora e te Whanau, congrats for the last term of the year and be safe wear sunblock because tamanuiteraa is out there burning Tane Mahuta, and don't let Ruaumoko get to you, also congrats again for the last term of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kia ora e te Whaanau, ko Waiari tōku ingoa. I would like to ask you some patai, if thats ok.

    How have you been doing this week?

    What mood are you in?

    Are you even in the mood to eat?

    Are you tired?

    Do you love school?

    Do you play māori games?

    Nga mihi and hope to see my comment answered.

    Now i'll like to talk about whta i did on the weekends. But just sataurday.

    So what happend on sataurday Te mura o tamaki went to kotuku. It was so cool. But we could have done better.
    But it was better after that because we went back to our school and got treats and suprises. Also hangi.

    Nga mihi for reading and ka rangataki anoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. kia ora ko Cohen tooku ingoa and I got some patai for you guys
    1. what does your new teacher teach you and what does he do to help you
    2. Matua Rick what's your favourite food?
    3. Do yous do sport?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Kia ora again, ko Jeremy tooku ingoa. I have some paatai for you guys
    1. What is this blog about?
    2. Matua Rick what's your favourite food?
    3. Do yous do sport?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia ora Jeremy, Kei te pehea koe, I think your patai is good, but your 3 patai has an s at the end of your you, So always check twice like Santa claus.

      Delete
  21. Kia ora, Ko Azaleigha tooku ingoa. I like how you guys wrote about term four in your guys mahi and I thought it was so cool and also Tumeke. Awesome mahi you guys, kei runga noa atu koutou!

    I would like to ask a few Patai/Questions!

    Patai tuatahi: What would you like to happen in your future?

    Patai tuarua: What would you like to improve?

    Patai tuatoru: How would you do that?

    Ka kite anoo whaanau!

    Azaleigha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia ora Azaleigha, kei te pehea koe, I think those are great patai and that is a great helpful thoughtful comment.
      Ka kite.

      Delete
  22. Kia ora e hoa, Kei te pehea koutou?
    I will like to ask you some patai.

    Do you do Kori tinana?

    Do you know what Kori tinana means in english?

    Do you go to school every day? (Expect for sataurday and sunday)

    Nga mihi and ka rangitaki anoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Kia ora e hoa, Kei te pehea koutou?
    I like the way you did this because its telling us what its like in gisborne.
    Now I'll like to ask some patai.

    Have you been anywhere yet?

    Do you wanna vist Panmure? (Where I am currently living)

    Are you and you're whaanau planning anything for Christmas?

    What are your plans for chirstmas in class?

    Nga mihi and ka rangitaki anoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Kia ora Te whare waipaoa I have a patai what is the hottest place on earth? Rua what would you do if nz was the hottest place on the earth?. Nga mihi From Jeremy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.