Kia ora ra e te whanau,
WOW, what a whirlwind experience for our student leaders at Riverdale School. Months of planning, fundraising and preparations all came to pass this week when we attended the National Young Leaders Day - NYLD - 2019 in Hamilton.
The conference itself was AMAZING!!!! The keynote speakers were inspiring and the experience of learning as leaders and spending time together was PRICELESS!!!!
WOW, what a whirlwind experience for our student leaders at Riverdale School. Months of planning, fundraising and preparations all came to pass this week when we attended the National Young Leaders Day - NYLD - 2019 in Hamilton.
The conference itself was AMAZING!!!! The keynote speakers were inspiring and the experience of learning as leaders and spending time together was PRICELESS!!!!
There are so many people we need to thank:
Fletcher Pickett from Balance Street Butchery for the donation of sausages for our fundraising.
To Matua Sam Cairns Hamiora for helping us with the groundwork and also getting us some bread from Walter Findlay.
To Matua Dwayne Tamatea for the awesome awhi of the Turanga Health van and support with the fuel. Turanga Health nga mihi.
Fras Ruru from the Gisborne Herald for the kind koha, nga mihi.
Craig Hollis from Kevin Hollis Glass for the kind koha, nga mihi.
Pat Makiri from Pirates for the kind koha, nga mihi.
To Nanny Mere Pohatu for the generous koha from Te Puni Kokiri, thank you Nanny Mere.
Matua Dave Raggett from Dragnet Design for the MEKE kakahu, thank you.
To our parents, Riverdale School community and staff for helping us to fundraise to ensure we reached our goal of getting to Hamilton.
Fletcher Pickett from Balance Street Butchery for the donation of sausages for our fundraising.
To Matua Sam Cairns Hamiora for helping us with the groundwork and also getting us some bread from Walter Findlay.
To Matua Dwayne Tamatea for the awesome awhi of the Turanga Health van and support with the fuel. Turanga Health nga mihi.
Fras Ruru from the Gisborne Herald for the kind koha, nga mihi.
Craig Hollis from Kevin Hollis Glass for the kind koha, nga mihi.
Pat Makiri from Pirates for the kind koha, nga mihi.
To Nanny Mere Pohatu for the generous koha from Te Puni Kokiri, thank you Nanny Mere.
Matua Dave Raggett from Dragnet Design for the MEKE kakahu, thank you.
To our parents, Riverdale School community and staff for helping us to fundraise to ensure we reached our goal of getting to Hamilton.
To Matua Walter Walsh TheWiz for the shout out to the tamariki!
Finally to the best parent helpers - Matua Aaron Clarke and Koka Carolyn Hodgkinson - the ‘A’ team are already signed up and ready to roll for next year - bring on NYLD 2020!!
To one and all that made this trip possible for our tamariki from Waimarino - we are very grateful and thank you all very much.
Kind regards,
Matua Rick.
Finally to the best parent helpers - Matua Aaron Clarke and Koka Carolyn Hodgkinson - the ‘A’ team are already signed up and ready to roll for next year - bring on NYLD 2020!!
To one and all that made this trip possible for our tamariki from Waimarino - we are very grateful and thank you all very much.
Kind regards,
Matua Rick.
PS: I do not have the rights to this music BUT these dudes rock!
Music credit: Ain’t No Use by LAB.
Music credit: Ain’t No Use by LAB.
Nice mahi that you got there 😁
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteKia ora koutou ko Dereon tooku ingoa. Me and my class have been exploring around your blog to see what interesting things you guys have been doing. We will be your new buddy class. we hope you guys have a good experience through all the learning that will challenge you soon. Our classroom is called Te Puna Wairua. We want to ask you some questions, What is your kapa haka group called? What Kaupapa have you researched? and What sports do you like to do? That is the end of my questions. we hope you guys have a great year through your learning that you will learn and experience. Nga mihi
ReplyDeleteKia ora my name is Dayna I am a year 5 student leader from Riverdale School.
DeleteI am 10 years old.
There are 27 of us in our class.
Our class name is Waipaoa.
Also I'll try and answer all your questions.
Te Waimarino is our Kapa haka group name
I've been researching about Madrid the capital city of Spain.
The class and I normally like to play dodgeball.
Can I ask some too.
What's your kapa haka group name?
Do you have student leaders?
Do you have a treaty?
Have you been to the National Young Leaders Day?
That's all
Yours sincerely
-Dayna kylee clarke
Kia ora Dayna im here to answer your questions.
Delete1. Our group name is called Te mura o Tamaki.
2. Yes we have school leaders but the difference with our school is we have a primary school and a intermediate school and our school leaders are year 7 and 8
3. Yes we have a treaty.
4. No we have not been to the NYLD yet but we would love to.
This week we have parent conferences and after the meeting were getting reports. Also we have cook island language week. We have a Kapa Haka performance coming up soon. That's all we are doing this week. That is my answers for you and thank you for commenting back to my comment. I just need to ask some more questions. Where are you from? how good is it to be a leader at Riverdale? what is your teacher's name? That is all my questions and hope you can answer them. Ngaa mihi
kia ora ko kikorangi toku ingoa I liked how your student leaders attended the national young leaders day . How long did it take to get from Gisborne to Hamilton? What is your favourite animal...mine is a dolphin. What kind of food do you like? I like McDonalds and bananas. What's your favourite sports and what do you like doing in your spare time...my favourite sport is soccer and what I do in my spare time is do gymnastics. Please check out our class blog and my blog, we're really excited to be your Tuhi Mai Tuhi Atu buddy class.
ReplyDeleteKia ora koutou. Ko Leon tooku ingoa, me and my class Te Puna Wairua has been exploring your blog and I have some questions. What is your classes favorite subjects?. Have you ever did a play on a maori legend before? do you guys do kapa haka like us because we are a reo rua class?. This is my last question for all of you guys, have you guys ever been to the auckland museum as a class or at different places?. Here's a couple of facts about our class we all are not fluent in te reo but we are learning. Alot of us boy's love rugby do you guys like any sports? or anything like harakeke? Ng manu? the maori flag? Ka tatari ahau mo ou koutou whakautu.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteKia ora my name is Kiri, I am 9 and I go to Riverdale School, I am a student councillor for my school. We have a class treaty that focuses on the values of respect, leadership, being better than before, being a powerful Ariki and honesty.
DeleteMy favourite subjects in my class are maths and reading. Sometimes we do activities and games in our spare time. Yes we also do kapa haka in our culture it is fun we get to do powhiri, and competitions and other Maori culture.
All of our boys love to play rugby except the soft ones they don't like rugby but that's okay.
Thank your classroom for making this comment and reply from me happen hope you have a great day. We are having a blast seeing all of your guys blogs and comments and they are wow amazing they are tremendous thanks for the positive and amazing blog that I saw you guys are amazing. I use to have two kittens one was gravy because she loved gravy and another cat named dusty because she was always dusty when she went into dusty and we always took them for baths in the bathtub.
My questions for you are?
Do you guys do different types of games on your field?
Do you guys have a playground, and what kind of things do you have on your playground?
Do you have a basketball court?
Do you guys have gymnastics equipment and do you do routines for your gymnastics?
Do you have a really cool classroom, what types of equipment or stuff that you have in your classroom?
Do you guys like to play bull rush, and where do you play it?
Do you guys do powhiris, and who do you do it to?
Do you have a pet at your home and what type of pet?
Kind regards
Kiri Gray-Seymour
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deletekia ora ko Terell toku ingoa ko Tamaki primary te kura
ReplyDeleteDo you do kapa haka and if you do what is the name of your kapa haka group ?
What go you like to do for fun ?
Looking forward to checking out more of your posts as our Tuhi Mai Tuhi Atu buddys.
Kia ora Terell my name is Nela Iuni and I am 10 years old and I am also a student leader at Riverdale School. My teacher's name is Matua Rick he is the best teacher ever and his daughter Ava is my BFF we do everything together well not everything
DeleteI am also from Australia I may look like I come from New Zealand but I was raised in Australia. My most favorite thing to do is Maths everybody in my class may or may not like maths but they try their hardest to achieve their goal and it is to be better than before they also call me Super Nela, well only my teacher does.
Our kapa haka name is called Te Kura o Waimarino o Tairawhiti. What I like to do for fun is playing a game of Dodgeball and Rounders if you don't know what Rounders is it is a game where you have a ball and a bat and four cones you put the cones in a square but nice and big so there is a team that is fielding and another team that is batting so what the batting team has to do is hit the ball with the bat and run around the cones that are set up and if you make it you have got a home run and if you’re are still running and you are close to the cone you can just stay on the cone but if you got a chance to run you can hop off that cone and run to the other cone and if you don't make it and the fielding team quickly passes it to the pitcher and the batting team is still running that means there out but you don’t switch when only one person is out you have to get all of them out and if a fielder catchers it when you first hit it that means the person that hit it is out. So about the fielding team, the pitcher calls out if the batter that just battered tells him or her if they got it out of the cones and when they get it out of the cones that s there out.
So that is all about me
Yours sincerely Nela Iuni
kia ora Nela I am 11 years and I am from New Zealand
Deletekia ore ko isaiah toku ingoa ko tamaki primary te kura
ReplyDeleteDo you do kapa haka because if you do then what is your kapa haka group name ?
Do you like sports ?
What's your favorite subject in school ? Check out our class blog and my blog!
Kia ora e hoa my name is Mahia I am 9 years old I am a year 5. I have been attending Riverdale school my favorite Meat and Pizza. I have 4 Dogs at my house 1 of them is called Chewy she is an Australian terrier breed with a griffon also two of them are a chocolate labrador and the last one was a full greyhound. Greyhound are the fastest dogs in the world but our family is known in to love dogs the greyhounds Mother is also greyhound so it's just a line of greyhounds. Our subjects are Math, Writing and reading My favorite subject is Math. I am looking forward to working with you. Our class doesn't like staying inside too much so we go out and play games like dodgeball it is super fun or rounders is when there e cone making a huge square then there is a baller and fielders and a batting team the batters have to hit the ball as hard as they can then they have to run as fast as they can to the end but if the fielders catch the ball without it hitting the ground then there out also if the batter was still running by the time the pitcher has got the ball your OUT if you hit it out of the cones and they don't pass all the cones there also OUT you have to run to the cones. The fielders have to catch the ball and get it to the pitcher fast if all the batters are still in the square. I was raised and born in Gisborne I am still in Gisborne Now time for the questions answers will be at the bottom
Delete1. Do you like kapa haka if you do you like it then what is your Kapa Haka school name?
2. Do you like sports?
3. What is your favorite subject
Answers
Answer 1. Yes our kapa haka group name is Te Walmarino
Answer 2. Yes as I said we don't like staying inside for too long I play netball and hockey as well
Answer 3. Math as I said.
Yours truly
Mahia
Kia Ora Te Whare Waipaoa My name is Milan and I am In Te Puna Wairua at Tamaki Primary School . I am a year ono-six student that would love to be a student leader You guys are so lucky that you can get to go o this event. Our student leader went to another one in Auckland . Thay had a really good time as well .
ReplyDeleteI have one question though do you guys have school valus like we do and what are they ?
our school values are Manaakitanga showing kindness to others,ako is learning and teaching,rangimarie/tukumarie peacefulness and celebrating differences and finally whanaungatanga engaging in positive relationship. Heoi nau mai piki mai ki runga i te kaupapa Manaiakalani. Ngaa Mihi
ReplyDeleteKia Ora ko Taynah toku ingoa ko Tamaki primary toku kura my claas room name is Te Puna Wairua my room number of my class room is room 5. Do use do hapa haka? because we do and whats your guys favorite sport ? because i like playing rugby also what kaupapa have you been researching on because we are researching on Whina Cooper and Mt Tarawera also we do harakeke and i wonder if yous do Harakeke.?
Do you know the ture and tikanga on how to cut the Harakeke you have to do a karakia before you cut the harakeke, you must cut the Harakeke on a diagonal cut so it doesn't rot when it rains and then you make it but your wairua must be good and do not be angry when you make it because you can mess it up.
Kia ora ko sonny tooku ingoa I go to tamaki primary school we do cybersmart like you guys do. How old are you guys and what year are you’s? And what room are you in I love your bright thoughtful colours mo to mihara ka kite ano.
ReplyDeleteKia ora! Ko Jeremy toku ingoa. I am at Tamaki Primary school which has now got a reorua class. My pouako is Whaea Lee, no Te Whakatohea ia. I am 8 years old and I am a year 4 tauira. I love Kapa Haka and our group name is Te Mura O Tamaki. My class name is Te Puna Wairua. We have been doing major kaupapa and research about Te Ao Maori. Do you guys do kapa haka? And what is your kapa haka name? What are you guys doing for cook island language week?
ReplyDeleteKia Ora I like your post so im commenting on it. i like it because of the music and its funny. also i got some questions for you. do you guys like marae? Because i do. and what sports do use guys like?. i like rugby and touch mostly rugby but both of them are fun sometimes we go to the field to go and play rugby with the class and other classes its fun when we play.
ReplyDeleteKia ora Te Whare Waipaoa, ko Leon toku ingoa.
ReplyDeleteI was just wondering how you guys have been and what you guys did on the weekend.
Aroha nunui
Kia ora, Ko Josh tooku ingoa, I love your post and I love the music so I'm going to ask you some questions.
ReplyDeleteDo you like basketball?
Do you have a kapa haka group?
what's your kapa haka group name?
to answer these questions email
joshua47prmb5@tamakiprimary.school.nz
nga mihi atu.
Kia ora e te whaanau. It's me Leon I got more questions to ask.
ReplyDeleteWhat do you guys do in your free time?
What sports do you guys play.
What netbooks do you guys have the old one or the upgraded version?
That's all the questions wanted to ask.
From your sincerely Leon.
Kia ora e te whaanau. Ko Leon tooku ingoa.
ReplyDeleteI got one question for you guys.
Have you guys ever learnt Tititorea or Mau rakau?
From yours sincerely Leon.
Kia ora e te whaanau. Ko Leon tooku ingoa.
ReplyDeleteI got one question for you guys.
Have you guys ever learnt Ti rakau
From yours sincerely Leon.
Kia ora.
ReplyDeleteI have one patai for you guys
Have you guys ever learnt Kapa Haka
Thank you for your time Leon.
Kia ora.
ReplyDeleteI have one patai.
Have you guys ever listened to Pakipaki mai Yes or No please respond.
Thanks for your time Leon.